Work area predominately in West Central and North Central Illinois. Employee based preferably in Pontiac, IL, or possibly in Springfield, IL office.
- Collects environmental samples (e.g. surface water, groundwater, soil and gas) in accordance with site plans and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for assembling required sample media and field equipment prior to deployment to the field.
- Completes field logs with all required information with legible handwriting for each event.
- Communicates any field issues to the project manager in a timely manner.
- Maintains equipment utilized for sample collection in accordance with various standards and internal procedures. This includes calibration of field equipment such as pH meters and gas analyzers in accordance with manufacturer and project specific standards.
- Responsible for the coordination of delivery of samples to laboratories via various shipping methods and properly packing sample shipments to arrive at laboratory in good condition and in a timely manner.
- Maintains inventory of sampling media and supplies as assigned.
- Performs routine maintenance in the field on wells and equipment.
- Collaborate with others on various environmental projects as delegated.
- Provide technical and professional support to clients as directed.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Overnight stay required – approximately 50% during sampling period (2 months every quarter).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work independently in the field.
- Ability to communicate field issues to team members.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Dependable attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to establish and maintain a working relationship with clients.
- Ability to carry 40 pounds (testing equipment)
- Ability to stand and sit as needed on project work sites, climb ladders, work at heights, and work outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in environmental site investigations and/or groundwater/soil monitoring.
- Two-year degree in a related field.
- HAZWOPER 40-hour certification a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- environmental field: 1 year (Preferred)