Fast-paced, highly energized credit union looking for highly energized candidates to live and share the SOCU philosophy: Passionate service to members, community, and each other to create a unique experience of people helping people!
The Teller Supervisor is responsible for implementing existing policies, procedures, and systems involving cashiering operations and member services functions. Coordinates, directs, and assigns work. Answers Service Representatives' questions, resolves more complex problems, and oversees balancing. Responsible for smooth flow of Teller lines, adequate window coverage, and general training and supervision of Service Reps. Oversees provision of a full range of services (including phone and mail) to members and prospective members. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served. Acts as a Service Representative as needed and actively cross sells Credit Union services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring and performing efficient, effective, and professional teller operations.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring and effectively performing member services functions.
- Effectively supervises area personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Department and area personnel and with management.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
Required Knowledge: A thorough knowledge of Teller and Member Service Representative operations and procedures. Basic understanding of Credit Union operations, including opening and closing accounts, loans, IRA and certificate procedures. Understanding and demonstration of Credit Union philosophy. Knowledge of basic accounting.
Experience Required: Minimum of two to three years of experience of Teller/Member Service experience at a full-service financial institution. Minimum of one-year previous supervisory experience.
Excellent communication and leadership skills. Supervisory and training abilities. Professional appearance, dress, and attitude. Solid math skills. Ability to operate related computer software, and other business equipment including 10-key, money counters, and telephone. Willingness to assist others.
Job Type: Full-time
- Teller/Member Service: 2 years (Required)
- Supervisor: 1 year (Required)
- Financial Institution: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement