- Active in the community, school, church
- Genuinely enjoys taking care of the customer
- Food knowledge, enjoys food
- Passion for what for they sell
As a result of doing this job description you will help to create the positive and friendly atmosphere at NFI. Your work here will develop your product knowledge so that you have a high level of expertise as a course of your work activities. The expertise you exhibit will create a value for our customers and our Associates as they shop and work at NFI and lead to a genuine customer care experience.
- Possesses a basic knowledge of store layout
- Uses care in handling products
- Assists Cashiers with product replacement
- Assists customers with questions and product locations
- Performs proper bagging procedures for our customers
- Checks bottom of basket for items
- Assists with Front End maintenance and cleaning
- Makes eye contact with customers
- Serves the customer, waiting on the customer and helping the customer
- Shows no animosity towards customer complaints
- Projects a positive image while interacting with customers
- Sincere with the customers, aware of the customer’s needs
- Understands the importance of customers
- Pays attention to customer, avoiding cross-talk with other Associates
- Shows enthusiasm towards teammates
- Shows consideration and cooperation with Associates
- Teaches others and shares information
- Gives extra effort when needed – works any shifts when needed – sets an example for others
- Shows leadership when necessary
- Takes direction without taking offense
- Knows details of specific day to day work habits
- Takes pride in work that is well done
- Reliable in work attendance and work situations
- Level headed and even tempered
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Consistent in job performance
- Dependable in a variety of situations
- Separates personal life from job performance
- Open to new ideas and suggestions
- Accepts constructive criticism
- Supports and cooperates with those in a supervisory position
This job has no required equipment.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Safety Training, Hazardous Communication Training
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
No prior experience or training.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands of this job are based on a 6-hour shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and overhead lifting. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics of this job are based on a 6-hour shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.