Retail Eyeglass Sales Bard Optical
At Bard Optical, we believe in vision for life.
Bard Optical is number 37 of the top 50 optical retailer in the US and as part of an eyewear industry leader, Bard Optical, strives for higher standard of quality in your eyewear needs.
With an Optician career at Bard Optical, you’ll find yourself learning, growing, and interacting with some of the most passionate and talented people in the business. At the same time, you’ll be helping people look and see their best.
The Sales Associate (Optician) delivers the Bard Optical value proposition – Set the standard of quality in eye care and eyewear by ensuring every patient and customer has the best experience in every Bard Optical every time. Creates exceptional value in the lives of customers by delivering legendary customer service & perfectly crafted high quality eyewear which exceeds our customers’ expectations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets all patients with a warm welcome. Shows urgency in providing service to patients & satisfying their needs.
- Is attentive to details, asks follow up questions for clarity, and consults with doctor as needed.
- Assists patients in selecting products. Suggests improvements & recommends solutions. Shows patience & courtesy to indecisive or hard-to-please customers.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task & demonstrates the ability to prioritize & manage time with competing priorities.
- Custom fits glasses & precisely places prescription in lenses.
- Strives to achieve exceptional results on goals & competencies.
- Accurately collects proper payment & retains proper change/paperwork for all transactions.
- Takes pride in the appearance of store & shows initiative to keep displays & inventory clean, attractive & organized.
- Actively participates & contributes to store meetings.
- Possesses a can-do attitude & strong drive for results; self-motivated with a desire for improvement.
- Adheres to attendance & daily requirements.
- Adheres to all company policies & procedures.
- Sells on your feet 50%-75% of the time.
- Consistently maintains proper dress code, including name tag.
- Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Effective selling skills
- Familiarity with point of sale system, computers & calculators
- Embrace new technology & change
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- Customer service & retail experience
- Optician experience but will train right person